I wanted to continue more on self talk as we go into October.
It’s that voice in your head that says you can’t do stuff. It’s the goblin saying its too difficult so there is no point in trying. You might be playing in your head something your Mom, Dad or friends said. They told you things weren’t possible that you wouldn’t succeed or ever make it. (Like when I was in grad school at USC, the secretary told me I would never make it through pharmacy school and I should quit. That certainly did not feel good. I later became Clinical Faculty at USC years later and taught the Medicine Rotation as well as the PBM Rotation!)
So the problem isn’t what people say, it’s if you believe them.
Other self talk around money:
You have to Pay for it.
There is no free lunch.
You have to work for it.
Making money is a skill.
You don’t get something for nothing.
If I spend my money I won’t have anything left and end up in ruin.
I should be making more money now.
You don’t win money.
Money doesn’t grow on trees.
I have to work long hours for money.
Money takes sacrifice.
I am not worthy of money.
Women cannot make lots of money.
You just cant have everything you want.
Okay now that we have an idea that self talk is not that fun, what are things we can do?
- Awareness: we now choose to no longer talk to ourselves that way.
- Question it: where did this come from? That voice in your head, is that really you talking or the secretary at USC ? 🙂
- Learn to forgive yourself. Learn to say, I love that about myself.
- Declare it. Just say it isn’t so. That is powerful.
- Live a joyful life. Gratitude and appreciation.
- Trust – it’s all working out. Remember miracles do happen and they come from trusting in the unknown . Personally for me the unknown is not a scary place but a magical and powerful place where crazy wonderful things happen.
- Letting it go.
- Choosing it. Empowering your beliefs.
- Visualize – how do you look, feel . How does this person talk to themselves. Your new self talk closes the vibrational gap of who you are and want to become.
- Speak your dreams so they become your reality. You are the co creator and guardian of your happiness . Its time to believe in amazing possibilities because they are in your future.
- Realize that your natural state is abundance . You are an infinite being.